[chirp_users] COM 5

Michael Brazier
Sun Sep 20 05:29:55 PDT 2015

Hi All

I have had Chirp for quite a few years but don't let that fool you, I know
nothing about it.  I purchased two Baofeng UV-5R+Plus radios a while ago and
a friend used Chirp to clone his radio and then to set my two up.  I have
used it a few times as I have recommended the Baofeng radios to others and
then I have used Chirp to clone mine and set theirs up.  I am not sure what
has happened but I have updated to a Toshiba laptop, I've just updated that
to Windows 10,  and I downloaded the latest Chirp today.  It's been a while
since I last used Chirp and a friend has just purchased two Baofeng UV-5RTP
radios and asked me to set them up.  When I opened Chirp I opened my radio
image file and connected the new radio.  I get a COM 5 port error and that's
it.  I tried hooking my radio up but get the same error.  Not sure whether
it's relevant but I used the same original data cable as I did for my, and
others, radios.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mick.