[chirp_users] How to program null channels

David Buss
Wed Sep 16 15:17:49 PDT 2015

I tried that previously. It does remove the frequency, but if you go through the keypad and program that memory slot with a new frequency, it will keep the old "name" that war originally in that memory location.

Sent from my android device.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 17:01
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] How to program null channels

Brad,

If you don't want a channel in the radio, you don't program it. Using
you example of channel 0, 3 and 4, here is what you do.

1. Click on any memory Loc number to highlight that row
2. Press Ctrl-A to highlight all 128 memory rows
3. Ctrl-click on row 0 to un-highlight it. Repeat for rows 3 and 4.
4. Press the Delete key to erase all data from the highlighted rows
(all except 0, 3 and 4)
4. Upload to your radio.

Jim KC9HI