[chirp_users] Yaesu VX6 won't communicate with Chirp (Robert Zamalin)

Stanley Klakamp
Fri Sep 4 12:45:34 PDT 2015

Is the plug your using that goes into the radio a screw in type? The VX6
uses a screw in type plug for the microphone / headset. The part of the
body of the plug that is closest to the pin has threads on it. It's
designed that way to help with the waterproof nature of the VX6.

When I tried to plug in my generic plug (without the threads on the body)
it would not go in far enough to make contact and would not communicate
with the radio.

I trimmed the plastic on the body of the plug next to the pin of the plug
with wire cutters to make it smaller. It still was not small enough to just
push the plug in, but I could then screw it in far enough until it made
contact. Then the computer would communicate with the radio and I could use
Chirp after that.

Possibly that's what's going on with yours???

73
Stan K8LL
NW Ohio, USA
10-10# 76801
FP# 3255
Propagation is our master . . . but sometimes the master is cruel!