[chirp_users] Using Chirp With a TH D7A/G

gboche62 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 4 11:19:36 PDT 2015

I have a legit Baofeng usb cable with the 2 leds, I also have downloaded the latest version of Chirp, I have been able to program all of the Baofeng radios including the GT 3 model with the higher power after I found that you need to remove part of the side of the 2 prong end of the cable so it sits in correctly. Programming was successful after that with that model.

The problem I am having is programming a Kenwood TH D7A/G radio. Leaving the usb cable in the same usb slot on my laptop using windows 8.1, and not removing it at any time, when I try to download the radio image it comes up with an error message can not open comm port 5, access is denied. This is the same port I use for programming the Baofeng radios. Also with the usb cable inserted in the Kenwood, it flashes PF 3 which indicates to program function 3 button. This radio shows up in the drop down programming box just before you attempt to download or upload.

Any suggestions? I tried restarting the computer and other things with no results. Again I am using windows 8.1.

Glenn