[chirp_users] iCloud Drive?

Dave VK2FDJS vk2fdjs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 18:35:30 PDT 2015

Random thoughts from an IT pro but non Mac user ...

- You haven't said what version of OS X you're using.  From what I'm seeing, the integration is better in Yosemite than it was in previous versions.

- This page http://www.macworld.com/article/2838800/how-to-use-icloud-drive.html seems quite informative (but you've probably seen it already).

- I haven't looked at the source code of CHIRP but have found in other environments (on PC) that not all "open" dialogues are equal.  Some programming environments use their own, which is similar to - but not identical to - the standard one in the operating system.  (Certainly, the CHIRP "open" on my PC does look identical to the ones I see from Excel and Notepad++, but I don't know if that will be the case on the Mac.)

- The referenced MacWorld page does talk about a preference setting for Finder.  Certainly worth checking that it's set correctly - especially if this isn't a global preference setting.

- I would anticipate that the problem is not in CHIRP per se.  I'd suspect that it's either in the OS or is a built-in facility in the programming language environment that CHIRP is built with.

Probably nothing useful here, but one can hope.  :-)  Good luck.

Regards, Dave VK2FDJS