[chirp_users] Mac woe's

Dave Nathanson
Tue Oct 27 19:07:33 PDT 2015

Hi Peter,
CHIRP runs great on Mac!
If CHIRP won’t launch & won't run, you may have neglected to install the Python runtime. CHIRP needs that. Even though Mac OS X includes Python built-in, the runtime has to be installed is because it includes PyGTK and some other libraries that Chirp requires, in addition to Python itself:
http://www.d-rats.com/download/OSX_Runtime/

Have you already checked out these helpful pages?

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Beginners_Guide

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/FAQ

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MacOS_Tips

"Daily Builds" are the freshest, newest, latest, version of the CHIRP software. Often better than the "stable" version, because they include more features.

Best,
 Dave Nathanson
 KG6ZJO