[chirp_users] iCloud Drive?

Tony Cratz
Sun Oct 25 14:36:35 PDT 2015

On 10/24/2015 06:46 PM, Bill Cherepy wrote:
> I would like to save my files to iCloud Drive, but I can’t find a way to do this. I put a couple of files there and I can’t find iCloud Drive in the Open File system in Chirp. Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bilol WB4WTN

	Depend on how you feel you should be aware of this part of the
	T&C for iCloud.

<quote>
1. License from You. Except for material we may license to you, Apple
does not claim ownership of the materials and/or Content you submit or
make available on the Service. However, by submitting or posting such
Content on areas of the Service that are accessible by the public or
other users with whom you consent to share such Content, *you grant
Apple a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use,
distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly
perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the
purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available, without
any compensation or obligation to you.* You agree that any Content
submitted or posted by you shall be your sole responsibility, shall not
infringe or violate the rights of any other party or violate any laws,
contribute to or encourage infringing or otherwise unlawful conduct, or
otherwise be obscene, objectionable, or in poor taste. By submitting or
posting such Content on areas of the Service that are accessible by the
public or other users, you are representing that you are the owner of
such material and/or have all necessary rights, licenses, and
authorization to distribute it.
</quote>

	Lets break out the key part

<quote>
you grant Apple a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use,
distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly
perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for the
purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available, without
any compensation or obligation to you.
</quote>

	Do you want to allow iCloud to publish your files? Or to MODIFY
	them? I know I don't.

	I would never use a cloud service for my files as some of them
	claim ownership of the files, or in this case claim they can
	MODIFY the file without my permission.

								Tony