[chirp_users] importing data files

Jim Unroe
Thu Oct 15 17:55:27 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 7:31 PM, KenB <km4kkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I export from chirp some of the headers are rearranged and some header
> names are changed. I rearranged my data file to match what chirp was sending
> to my spread sheet and then copied into "chirp's" version on my spread
> sheet. Then saved it for importing into chirp. See files attached. The 2
> meter... file reflects what the radio sends to chirp.
>
> Thanks,
> KenB
> KM4KKM

Ken,

You can't invent our own CSV format. You can't add columns or change
the field types. You have to keep it in the format that CHIRP expects.

Location,Name,Frequency,Duplex,Offset,Tone,rToneFreq,cToneFreq,DtcsCode,DtcsPolarity,Mode,Power,TStep,Skip,Comment,URCALL,RPT1CALL,RPT2CALL

0, <- Location OK
, <- Name OK
146.46, <- Frequency OK
, <- Duplex OK
, <- Offset OK
None, <- Tone - this might need to be blank
100.0 Hz, <- rToneFreq - you can't add " Hz" to this field
100.0 Hz, <- cToneFreq - you can't add " Hz" to this field
23, <- DtcsCode OK
NN, <- DtcsPolarity OK
FM, <- Mode OK
5, <- this is TStep but you added a "Power" column. CHIRP CSV file
don't support power.
Hi, <- this must have been meant to be power. It is where TStep should be.
, <- Skip OK
, <- Comment OK
, <- URCALL OK
, <- RPT1CALL OK
  <- RPT2 CALL OK

You can't use Plus for +
You can't use Minus for -
If you want to know what the correct value is, program a channel
normally and export it to see what it should look like. Don't guess or
make up your own.

I don't think the columns have to be in a specific order. But if you
change the headers around, you have to move the data to match.

If you don't want to use a column, I believe you can leave it out. For
example, most Baofeng owners won't be using
",URCALL,RPT1CALL,RPT2CALL" so you can leave them off and remove the
correct number of commas in the rows below.