[chirp_users] Trouble with Mac Version - Baofeng UV82

Jim Unroe
Sat Oct 10 13:48:13 PDT 2015

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Aalok Shah <aalokgshah at icloud.com> wrote:
> I have Baofeng UV82 and I am using Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.5). The CHIRP
> give me error saying Radio did not respond.
> The cable is original Baofeng. I tried the same with Windows 10 and
> everything is working as expected. If someone can tell me
> what I am doing wrong. Thanks!!

The chip in the "original" Baofeng is counterfeit just like most other
cheap programming cables. The latest Prolific device driver for the
Mac is (intentionally) incompatible with it. You must install one of
the generic drivers or purchase a 3rd party driver.