[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Dan Smith
Mon Oct 5 10:28:04 PDT 2015

> The chance that something is different is actually a good thing.

Yes, but also, every time a new build is generated, we tell you exactly
what changed. For example:

>> A list of the changes included in this build (since the last daily)
>> follows:
>>
>> Changes for Build #361
>> [Cody P Schafer <dev at codyps.com>] drivers/ft60: remove extra "(None)"
>> in duplex drop down (#2893)
>>
>> ft60's driver uses the DUPLEX variable's indexes as the stored values
>> in radio memory, and there are 2 empty string ("") options. Make
>> chirpw's interface a bit nicer looking by hiding one of them
>> (arbitrarily chose to hide the first as that is convenient code-wise).
>>
>> [Cody P Schafer <dev at codyps.com>] drivers/ft60: add support for "off"
>> duplex mode (#2891)
>>
>> By using a tx frequency of '0', the radio (or at least my ft60)
>> refuses to transmit (gives "ERROR" on the screen) when the PTT key is pressed.

There are two changes in this build and they only affect the Yaesu
FT-60. Absolutely nothing else has changed. That means two things:

1. If you don't use an FT-60, you won't see any difference
2. If you upgrade anyway, you don't need to worry about breaking things

Staying on the latest daily is always a good idea, but there's really no
reason to move unless you see that one of your radios is affected.
Sometimes there are changes to the core, like a GUI improvement or
something, which would apply to everyone. But, those will be described
here in the same way.

There's nothing in the build that isn't shown in the list. In fact, the
list of changes is compiled and reported by a machine based on actual
changes to the code. So, you can absolutely use it as a way to decide
whether you need to download and update what you have.

That said, if you don't follow all of them, understand what is said, or
aren't sure when you last updated, then you should just always plan to
be on the latest build.

Hope that helps,

--Dan