[chirp_users] FW: Kenwood TS-480

Jack
Mon Nov 16 11:59:25 PST 2015

The Kenwood software is basically management, no way to upload download all memories.
Jack W4GRJ

On Nov 16, 2015, at 2:40 PM, "dmdfacp at gmail.com" <dmdfacp at gmail.com> wrote:

Jack,
Kenwood offers its own software. I know the software is for management, but, as I've not started using it, I can't comment on programming ability. Forgive my ignorance. I just bought the TS-570S and have downloaded the Kenwood software for it. Not wanting to deal with USB-to-serial conversion, I'm awaiting a computer serial port expansion card. With a serial port -- which you may already have -- connecting the radio to the PC should be a slam-dunk. Search for the Kenwood software at Kenwood USA's website.
Twice before, over the years, I've had a TS-570 (and once the TS-480), but never tried to link to a computer.
Remember the old days before computers, when radios were only discrete component radios ??
Best of luck,
Dave
K1SIW

Sent from my iPhone