[chirp_users] 9000D

James Jalbert
Sat Nov 14 06:04:46 PST 2015

I have done a little more playing, and had a thought. I am new to HAM and
still a little gray on somethings, but, if I were to import the PS freqs
and set them in the CSV file to use Tone and set the tone to 254.1, if my
thought is correct, Tone mode will allow open squelch, so I could still
here, but if the mic was keyed it would transmit the 254.1 tone, and not
interfere with the Public Service radios as that would not be a tone set
for them to receive? Am i looking at this correct?

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Kent Garliepp <kent.garliepp at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> On my Baofeng, I choose 'off' under Duplex.
> Kent AF7QO
> On Nov 12, 2015 4:31 PM, "Gary Runningbear" <runningbear2000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> To James KC1ECV,
>>   You were right my friend about turning duplex to off to kill the
>> transmit. I guess that particular radio can't be affected by that so now I
>> guess you'll have to set a switch in your own mind do not grab the mic
>> while monitoring those PS channels. Sorry to have misled you but that was a
>> learning point for me and it won't happen again. hi hi

James D. Jalbert
KC1ECV