[chirp_users] UV-5R Woes

Jim Unroe
Mon Nov 9 12:49:49 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Lamar Brown <dlamarbrown at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried to program the UV-5R with Chirp and finally find out that I had
> to use a different model number to be able to  even get the  radio to upload
> to computer. I have added all my channels to the radio and downloaded to
> radio thinking  that everything is fix. I can key the HT and it don't key
> the repeater. If I have it on channel mode, it shows both +-  above the
> frequency display. It will drop the frequency down 0.600 like it suppose to.
> Ok if I have it on frequency mode , it shows - and  drops down the 0.600 as
> its suppose to. Still don't key the repeater. I have a Baofeng UV-3 and it
> keys the repeater, I have a Yaesu FT-250 and it keys the repeater. I'm at my
> wits end on trying to get this HT program. If someone can please tell me
> what to do I will really appreciate it.
>
> Danny
> KT4DLB

Hi Danny,

These radios do not use offsets in memory channels. The RX and TX
frequency is programmed instead. So having the upper status display
indicate "+-" is normal when the TX frequency differs from the RX
frequency (repeater, odd-split, cross band and TX inhibited channels).

Email your CHIRP Radio Image (*.img) file to me and I will take a look at it.