[chirp_users] Adding freqs.

Jim Unroe
Mon Nov 2 03:19:07 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 2:06 AM, Gary Runningbear
<runningbear2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I am aware of a stock config list for GMRS and FRS.
> how can I specify for those to go into channels 16 - 38. I have tried
> everything I can think of and they still go into channels 1 through 22.

When you use CHIRP's "Radio" -> "Import from stock config" feature you
will be presented with an "Import From File" menu that will allow you
to map the "From" channel numbers to the desired "To" channel numbers.

In your case you would click the [All] all button, the [+10] button
once and then the [+1] button 5 times to increase them all by 15. Then
click the [OK] button and they will be imported as channels 16 through
37.

If you wish, you can disable TX on all 22 channels to make them
receive only. Once they are imported, you can highlight channels 16-37
(click row 16 then shift-click row 37) and then click the [Properties]
button to enter the "Memory Properties" menu. In this menu you can
tick the box to the left of "Duplex:" and set the value to "off".
Click the [OK] button and all 22 channels will have TX disabled.
You'll be able to listen all you want.