[chirp_users] More baofeng woes (UV-B5) (Scott Martin)

Scott Martin
Sun May 31 14:54:16 PDT 2015

On 05/31/2015 04:27 PM, Jim Unroe wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Richard Menedetter <ricsi at gmx.at> wro
te:
>> Hi

 chirp to edit it, rename it back

>>> Where is this one line patch?
>>
>> It only works on Linux, as there the Python code is directly accessib
le.
>> I was very much hoping that Chirp gets changed to work with the "new"
 UV-B5.

>> If you are using Linux I can search for the old message and send it t
o you.

>>> Jim KC9HI
>>
>> CU, Ricsi
>
> If you got me the one line patch, I was planning to get it tested and
> then submit it to be added to CHIRP.
>
> Jim KC9HI

Thanks for your time all.

I've tried a python script 'uvr5.py' with a md5sum of
8259c589e7791536a0ea91cade6729b9 . It's a *nix box. I'm digging into the
hardware and starting to think this one's lost it's smoke. I'm charging
my camera battery now...

Be well,
Scott