[chirp_users] More baofeng woes (UV-B5) (Scott Martin)

Richard Menedetter
Sun May 31 10:33:23 PDT 2015

Hi

> >> I picked up a UV-B5 and am unable to program it with chirp.
> >
> > Yes ... sadly there is an open ticket for this for 4 months ...
> > unfixed as of yet.
> > http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/2293
> >
> > New UV-B5 software is not recognized by Chirp.
> > There is a one line patch for Linux Chirp floating around that makes it work.
> > Or you can use the Baofeng SW to download the image, rename it, use chirp to edit it, rename it back
> > and use baofeng SW to upload it.
> >
> > I hope this will be addressed by Chirp soon!
>
> Where is this one line patch?

It only works on Linux, as there the Python code is directly accessible.
I was very much hoping that Chirp gets changed to work with the "new" UV-B5.

If you are using Linux I can search for the old message and send it to you.

> Jim KC9HI

CU, Ricsi