[chirp_users] Yosemite - SiLABS UART

Dennis Feely
Fri May 15 07:34:59 PDT 2015

Using Yosemite on iMac.
Had the SiLabs and Yaesu FT-1D with SCU-19 cable working ok.
Took a long time and should have written the procedure.

I installed the Prolific drive for Baofeng radio.
I got that working OK.
Then the SiLABS UART stopped ’talking’ to Yaesu.
Using latest daily build of Chirp.

Looking at info on mac, I see the drivers for both Prolific and UART under USB selection

Anyone have any ideas - I have re-installed the UART driver.
I can see various selection when I connect CHIRP under Ports.
Both the SLAB_USB-UART and USB-Prolific show up.

I have also used the command under terminal:
sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1”

I am not very savvy on Mac but need help suggestions???

73,
Dennis