[chirp_users] Import from stock config - option not available

Rich Carlson
Wed May 13 15:51:07 PDT 2015

Thanks Ron - an error related to where Chirp is looking for the stock config files makes sense.
Now to the important question: how do I remedy this on a Mac? Downloading and dragging a file into the Applications folder is obviously different than how you would do a Windows/Ubuntu install.

I did a quick scan of the Yosemite directory structure and couldn't find any Chirp files anywhere (besides the primary Chirp app).
Rich     From: Ronald Thornton <thornton at Aerostation.org>
 To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
 Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:12 PM
 Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Import from stock config - option not available

 Continuing the testing, I installed chirp with "python setup.py install" while in the "chirp-daily-20150513" directory.

 Setup installed the stock config files in "/usr/local/share/chirp/stock_configs" while the chirp expects to find them in "/usr/share/chirp/stock_configs".

 Looks like a misunderstanding between chirp and the setup.py defaults, that may affect Mac as well as Ubuntu.

 Quick and dirty fix, I created a symbolic link at the expected directory with "ln -s ../local/share/chirp /usr/share/chirp".  I think I had to restart chirp twice before it picked up the "File->Open stock config" and "Radio>Import from stock config" menu items.

 Regards,
 Ron - N1JKL
 Aerostation - The Art of Ballooning
www.Aerostation.org