[chirp_users] Chirp experience with IC-T70A?

Nicholas Papadonis
Tue May 12 14:04:27 PDT 2015

Hi Folks,
  Has anyone had success with the IC-T70A and Chirp?
  I tried downloading from the radio today using Chirp daily, however received the "Failed to communicate: unexpected response from radio" message.
  I have a Prolific 2303 cable.  I believe this is an authentic cable because the Windows default drivers are auto detected it and are installed properly.  I also tried down reving the driver to the 3.2.0 version (which is been said to support counterfeit chipset) and I keep getting an error downloading from the radio.  Windows 7 device manager says the COM port and Prolific driver is ok, I'm suspecting something else is going on.

  Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick
KB1GZN