[chirp_users] CHIRP UV-5R - 'Settings' - looking for definitions of these

Jim Unroe
Mon May 11 14:30:24 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Nick Nudell <medicnick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had this same question but disagree with the manual suggestion in the case
> of Baeofung. Even they tell you CHIRP is preferred over their stuff right on
> the website!

This is incorrect. You are confusing Baofeng (the manufacturer of
Baofeng radios based in China) with Baofeng Tech (the seller of
Baofeng radios based in the USA). They are not the same.

Baofeng (the manufacturer of Baofeng radios) does something about
every other month that breaks CHIRP support for their radios. If
Baofeng wanted their end users to use CHIRP, they would be more
careful about the changes they make and what effects those changes
would have on CHIRP.

> As a new HAM operator all the terminology and technology focused language is
> not easy to absorb but you need to know all that Greek just get a basic
> radio setup so you can use it and gain experience. I think a good technical
> writer could really help the CHIRP documentation to be newbie friendly.
> That's not me :)
>
> Anyways I had stumbled across a page somewhere on the interweb in the last
> week that described all the settings and I had meant to save it so I could
> use it as a reference but now I cannot find it. If anyone knows of the
> resource, please share!

I assume that you are looking for the file that I have attached.