[chirp_users] Baofeng CHIRP Build

Nick Nudell
Mon May 11 13:40:30 PDT 2015

This reinforces my comments on the documentation from the other thread.
Getting the right USB drivers is enough to scare normal people away.

Anyways, I didn't know you could copy/paste like that although I had tried
it and it did not work. There were also problems when rows already had been
set but I don't recall the details of the problem now. I know when there
are two tabs or more open, you cannot easily tell which one is which or not
so you can easily end up having to redownload just to make sure!

The process I'm using to program the radios is:
1. Download from radio
2. Export csv locally
3. Edit csv
4. Import from csv
5. Double check to make sure it copied the changes into CHIRP because
sometimes it doesn't
6. Upload to radio
7. Download from radio to make sure it copied the changes into radio
because sometimes it doesn't

Does that sound  like the best way to do this?

Thanks!
Nick
KK6TYY

Nick Nudell, MS, NRP