[chirp_users] CHIRP UV-5R - 'Settings' - looking for definitions of these

Nick Nudell
Mon May 11 13:35:20 PDT 2015

I had this same question but disagree with the manual suggestion in the
case of Baeofung. Even they tell you CHIRP is preferred over their stuff
right on the website!

As a new HAM operator all the terminology and technology focused language
is not easy to absorb but you need to know all that Greek just get a basic
radio setup so you can use it and gain experience. I think a good technical
writer could really help the CHIRP documentation to be newbie friendly.
That's not me :)

Anyways I had stumbled across a page somewhere on the interweb in the last
week that described all the settings and I had meant to save it so I could
use it as a reference but now I cannot find it. If anyone knows of the
resource, please share!

Thank you,
Nick
KK6TYY