[chirp_users] Baofeng CHIRP Build

Jim Unroe
Sun May 10 16:23:24 PDT 2015

Hi Nick,

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Nick Nudell <medicnick at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to import a csv for a Baofeng BF-F8+ but found the only way to
> read the radio was to select UV5R.

UV-5R is correc for the BF-F8+

> ANyways, see the attached error message
> when importing the csv... the CSV was first exported and then I pasted the
> content from my other radio (UV82) csv file to it.

I don't see any attached "error message". My guess is that you must by
messing up the CSV format when you are appending the UV-82 data to it.

You are making this way harder than it needs to be. There are no CSV
files required.

Method 1
1 Download from your UV-82 to CHIRP (this creates a tab for the UV-82)
2 Download from your BF-F8+ to CHIRP (this creads a 2nd tab for your BF-F8+)
3 Now copy and paste the channels from the UV-82 tab to the BF-F8+ tab

Method 2
1 Download from your BF-F8+ to CHIRP
2a Click File->Import
2b Now change the button that says "CHIRP Files (*.chirp)" to "CHIRP
Radio Images (*.img)"
2c Find and import the "image" file for your UV-82
2d Choose which channels that you want to import from the UV-82 and
where you want them imported to
2d Click the [OK] button