[chirp_users] Help

Jim Unroe
Wed May 6 15:31:07 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Jerry R. Kimbrel <jrkimbrel at comcast.net> wrote:
> I’m trying to install CHIRP the “Latest Daily Builds” into the CHIRP 0.4.1,
> and I keep getting the following error message “Error opening file for
> writing”, which keeps happening. I’m having problems programming a Baofeng
> UV-5R, and I found solutions that required the Latest Daily Builds, but I
> can’t seem to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry,

When you upgrade CHIRP, the current installation of CHIRP is
automatically deleted before the new version is installed. There is
not need to uninstall CHIRP first. Be sure to close CHIRP before you
try to upgrade it. The installer can deleted the file if CHIRP is open
and the files are in use.