[chirp_users] Setting up banks/groups on Yaesu VX-3

Mike Lubrecht
Tue May 5 08:07:57 PDT 2015

Actually, the behavior does seem to be repeatable and the error condition
relapses. Every time I upload a revised image to the radio, it resets that
bit (whatever it is) and I get the "No Bnk" error. Once I create a bank
entry manually on the radio (just a dummy entry in a bank I don't use works
best), I'm able to access the uploaded banks and groups.

I notice that accessing the banks (once enabled) is a little different on my
radio than is shown in the user guide as well. I have to press F/W, then
Band, choose the bank, then press Band again. It was a bit confusing for a
while, but my ol' brain finally got the sequence down.

Since this issue does repeat with every refresh/revision that I do, next
time I make a change I'll upload the current (functional) state, then
download to the radio, confirm that the banks aren't working properly, and
upload that image - then send both of them to the website.

Mike Lubrecht
KC7NOE