[chirp_users] Can't Program UV-3R+

Richard AG5M
Wed Mar 25 14:01:45 PDT 2015

I'm having a problem programming the Baofeng UV-3R+.  This is first time use, first attempt with new radio.  I cannot download from the radio.

All I get is "Radio did not ACK first command."

I use this same programming cable with my UV-5R, and my Feidaxin radios too, without any problem.  But I cannot get it to work with the UV-3R+

Same thing is happening when I use the Baofeng programming software.  Can't find radio.

Any ideas?  And yes, I already trimmed the connecter it in case that was the problem.  Apparently not.

Richard