[chirp_users] A handy web-page for novices

James McLellan
Wed Mar 25 06:20:38 PDT 2015

While there is some interesting thought and discussion provoking information on this webpage please keep in mind that it is from the “survivalist” community. That may not be everybody’s cup of tea so consider the source.

It’s also getting a bit off topic from CHIRP.

73, Jim

K5BAA

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Sprott
Sent: Wednesday, 25 March 2015 07:16
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] A handy web-page for novices

What I am not sure of is whether I am allowed to tx on the GMRS list as it indicates 5w.

Andrew

On 25 Mar 2015 01:10, "Andrew Sprott" <andrew.sprott at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, I would like to say hi to you all and hope I shall learn from this list. I found this web-page that lists 98 frequencies for public access, emergency, maritime etc., as well as frequencies reserved for walkie talkie handsets graded for low power, restricted range and another that seems to accommodate higher transmittion power with options for the antenna.

https://radiofreeq.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/program-your-vhf-uhf-transceivers-for-disaster-preparedness-with-frs-gmrs-pmr-murs-business-weather-marine-ham-channel-frequencies/

There is a cvs file which can be imported and uploaded onto your uv-5r using Chirp. The page also has a neat description of the different types of frequencies, worth printing out.

A good manual for the uv-5r can also be accessed here.

http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/pdf/uv-5r_v1.0.pdf

Andrew