[chirp_users] Are Baofeng & Wouxun FCC compliant?

MCH
Wed Mar 18 19:05:24 PDT 2015

Not sure what this has to do with the subject, but in the USA Type
Acceptance is not needed when building or modifying equipment for the
ham bands for use by licensed amateurs.

To address the subject question, it depends on the model and
programming. Some models are type accepted by the FCC for Part 90 use.
To meet the Part 90 spec, the keypad frequency entry must be disabled. I
have a Wouxun that meets both criteria.

Joe M.