[chirp_users] New Daily Build error (maybe just me)

Kurt
Sun Mar 15 09:49:42 PDT 2015

Weeeelllll, me not so smart so I believe I'll get another hard drive for this laptop, stick a more "modern" OS version on it
and go from there.  I have way too many, hacked up, windows emulated stuff on this drive that I "hafta" use so some times
it's best to start over and be able to go back to the old drive to run something I can't figure out (for the moment) to run on the new one.;-)
Kurt KC9LDH

________________________________
 From: Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com>
To: Kurt <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net>; Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2015 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] New Daily Build error (maybe just me)

> Newest build 3/14/15 won't start on an established Slackware system
> though old 13.1.

argparse is in Python 2.7 and the old library is now deprecated.

> CHIRP daily-20150218 on Linux -  (Python 2.6.4)

There are other things we do assuming python 2.7, so I'm surprised that
this is the first thing that has broken you. However, it's probably time
for you to upgrade as Python 2.6 is many years old and no longer supported:

https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.9/

--Dan