[chirp_users] BF-F8HP

Jim Unroe
Tue Mar 10 15:42:00 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Larry Booth <lobooth at verizon.net> wrote:
> Jim,
> Thanks for getting back so quickly. I seem to have to radio working now. I read that it is possible that the mic jack could stick. They suggested trimming a Qtip to clean it but this is a brand new radio just out of the box. Anyway, it's working now without my intervention.
>
> By the way, the firmware release number listed in the radio (N5R3403) did not appear in the recovery list. I thought I might have to recover the radio so I looked it up. Is this machine too new to be in the list?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> Larry O. Booth
>         N3EGU

Hi Larry,

I'm glad you have it sorted out.

I don't have a "source" at Baofeng that lets me know when they decide
to bump up the firmware version. I only know about them by those that
discuss it in the forums.

I can't afford to go out and buy a new radio every time one comes out
with a new firmware version. ;-)

I rely on those that made "factory" images of their radios before they
started "playing" with them to share them with me. In this case,
someone did send me their N5R3403 but I forgot to post it. I just put
it online. Thanks for jogging my memory.