[chirp_users] Chirp and Win7

Jim Unroe
Wed Mar 4 13:43:00 PST 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Jiří Dostal <george.ok2kg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have an issue with Chirpinstalled on my Win7 Home Premium computer.
> In all cases after installation of several versions and daily updates I can
> not start Chirp, I receive only an error window "Error reporting is enabled"
> and when I click "OK" nothing happens.
>
> On my Win8.1 pro computer all is running well.
>

> Do you have any suggestion hów to help?
>
> 73!
>
> George OK2KG

Hi George,

Every once in awhile when I install the latest daily build, I get an
error that a file can't be installed. When this happens I cancel the
install and the second time usually installs without any issue.

Another thing you might try it to download the win32.zip version
without the installed. Just extract it to an convenient location. Then
use Windows Explorer to access that folder and execute "chirpw.exe".

If neither of those options work, try to get a debug.log file and
attach it. It my have a clue to what is not happy.