[chirp_users] 'Radio did not respond' error

Kristopher Arens
Tue Jun 23 09:59:13 PDT 2015

First of all, I wanted to send my greetings to the e-mail list, as I am
something of a novice to newer radio technology. I have a Baofeng UV-5R, I
am running Ubuntu 15.10, a USB programming cable, and the latest daily
build of CHIRP for Linux systems. When I follow the on screen instructions
for CHIRP, after attempting to connect to my radio, the software comes back
with a 'Radio did not respond.' error. Any suggestions on what I may be
doing wrong? If more information is needed in my situation, feel free to
ask.

Kristopher Arens
KC7VWQ