[chirp_users] Chirp users e-mails leaked?

Dan Smith
Mon Jun 8 08:42:43 PDT 2015

> Just received a spam message to the address I have used uniquely by
> creating an account on http://chirp.danplanet.com

Anyone subscribed to the list can see the full membership list, which
means it's far from secret, since anyone can subscribe. You can also set
a flag on your account to be hidden from this view. These settings are
pretty common for mailman lists, and made plenty of sense in the early
days. Given the number of people (almost 2000) on the list now, it
probably makes sense to limit this visibility, so I just changed it so
that list members are no longer able to see the full list.

--Dan