[chirp_users] Windows 10 and CHIRP

N7TZK
Wed Jun 3 17:55:52 PDT 2015

I'm curious whether anyone has yet tested Chirp with Windows 10?  Or
determined if anything about Windows 10 such as its security systems
would get in the way of the common practice of using an old version of
the Prolific software driver.Or, for that matter, any other specific
compatibility issues with common Ham computer applications.

As many of you are likely aware, Microsoft is taking the unusual step
(for them) of providing a FREE upgrade from Windows 7sp1 or Win8.1
computers (for consumers anyway) to Win10.  Indeed, by now you may have
already seen a new icon show-up in the lower right corner of your
computer encouraging you to make a "reservation" for this upgrade when
it becomes generally available on July 29.  That free upgrade is only
available for a year.  If you haven't upgraded by then, your out-of-luck
unless you wish to pay.

The rub, of course, is what gets "broken" by this upgrade.  For the
average user, I'm guessing not much.  But us hams tend to have some
esoteric needs...

Dave