[chirp_users] Chirp Works!!!

F Mitchell
Sun Jul 26 12:41:49 PDT 2015

THANKS Chirp developers!

In the past few days, I have programmed 4 Baofeng UV5R radios of various
vintage, a Kenwood TH-F6, a Yaesu VX-8GR, and Wouxun KG-UV8D and KG-UVD1P
radios using Chirp latest daily build. (20150702).

I found 4 generic programming cables in my programming box, all apparently
Prolific chipped or clones, all worked. All the cable chips were identified
as Prolific by Windows or by Linux.

I have used Windows 7 on an Asus laptop, Windows 7 running in Virtual Box
on a MacBook Pro, Kubuntu running in Virtual Box on the MacBook Pro, and
Ubuntu 14.04 running on an HP Spirit 13 (I dumped Win 8) to do the
programming. Chirp just worked on all of that hardware and different
operating systems. I briefly tried to get Chirp going native on the MacBook
Pro, but didn’t spend the time as Chirp was working great on the Mac in
Virtual Box.

Things I learned: plug in the programming cable after Chirp is running; and
you have to find the correct port that the programming cable is on.

Chirp just works!!!

THANKS! THANKS!! THANKS!!!

Mitch W4OA