[chirp_users] TYT TH-9800 Plus

Jeremy Dieringer
Sun Jul 26 04:58:37 PDT 2015

I am on my 2nd day of trying to program this TYT TH-9800 plus.
I installed the correct USB driver.

Tried in CHIRP repeatedly with various ports and keep getting "Communication" error. (Failed to communicate with the radio: Unable to communicate with the radio)
My radio is currently Port 14 - however this does not show up in the list in CHIRP. Even When I manually put it on port 3,4,5, no success.
Same with TYT software, it seems like it ONLY wants port 3, however when I place on port 3, no success.
Very frustrating.
By the way - this link doesn't work (404 error) http://chirp.danplanet.com/download/beta/

I'd appreciate any help - Thank you