[chirp_users] Problems with Windows 8.1

Jim Unroe
Wed Jul 22 03:25:17 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Mike Raymond <K5HUM at arrl.net> wrote:
> Ok, Im confused,  The setup I mentioned works fine on my XP and W7
> machines why would it not work on W8.1???
>
> 73, Mike

Mike,

Visit this page: http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

Scroll down to step 12. When the programming cable is plugged in, you
should see and entry similar to the 2nd image above step 12.

If it ishows Prolific, then you must have the Prolific v3.2.0.0 driver
installed as shown in the image above step 12. Follow the instructions
to install and then select (as shown in steps 7 through 11) the
v3.2.0.0 driver.

If is shows an FTDI chip, then the correct driver should have
installed automatically. You might try uninstalling the driver using
Device Manager and allowing Windows to install it again. Or you could
download the latest driver from the FTDI website and install it that
way. http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm