[chirp_users] New Install: Error opening _ctypes.pyd et al

Richard Dillman
Tue Jul 21 18:11:21 PDT 2015

When attempting to save a frequency file for a BF-888S using a 2014 version of CHIRP I noticed that the Save As function would not work (no prompt for file name).  After downloading and attempting to install daily build 20150702 I received a "Error opening file for writing" message regarding file _ctypes.pyd (and _hashlib.pyd, _socket.pyd, _ssl.pyd, etc.)

Any guidance for solving this installation problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RD

Richard Dillman, T2-GB-061170
Chief Operator, Coast Station KSM