[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R and settings/squelch_levels

Larry
Sun Jul 19 09:57:58 PDT 2015

I can't even get Chirp to come up I keep getting the error:
C:\Program Files\CHIRP\chirpw.exe
    The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration
    is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details.
    I am using chirp-daily-20150702-installer and the cable driver I am using is
    Win_Driver_Prolific_3.2.0.0 and it works fine on Windows 7 and 10

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Pavel Milanes Costa
Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2015 10:21 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R and settings/squelch_levels

Hi, I'm new to the list...

I was searching the list archives for this, but found no answer, so here it goes...

The squelch levels for VHF/UHF on the settings > service settings options do work for the Baofeng UV-5R?

My Baofeng is about 10uV in VHF and ~2.0uV on UHF, so VHF reception is hard, may be it has to do with the SQ level, it has 25 as SQL 0 for VHF and 19 on SQL 0 for UHF.

So before I play with that values I want to know if this setting will really work with my radio.

I'm using chirp-daily-20150702 here...

73,

--
M.Sc. Pavel Milanes Costa, CO7WT
SYSOP Nodo Gateway CO9JAZ

Este email fue enviado usando packet radio a 9600 baudios This email was sent using Amateur Packet Radio at 9600 baud