[chirp_users] Once Again, Yosemite Has Broken CHIRP

Pat Anderson
Thu Jul 9 10:24:29 PDT 2015

John,

Thanks for the reply, but no cigar.  The variable determing what works or
doesn't work is computers and operating systems, not radios - the cable
works great on two different Macs running Snow Leopard, but simply doesn't
work on a Mac running Yosemite.  Because it works of two different
computers, I know I have it plugged in correctly.  When I plug the cable
into the USB slot, I can see the device in my /dev directory, and it shows
up in the System Information app.  The Mac running Yosemite is configured
to load unsigned drivers and I manually load the oxs-PL2303.kext from the
Terminal (I know this is Greek to Windows people).  In CHIRP, the driver
shows up in the "port" drop-down and I select it.  It simply doesn't work
in Yosemite.  The odd thing is that is HAS worked off and on unreliably
from time to time.  Just baffled.

Pat