[chirp_users] BFf8hP

John LaMartina
Fri Feb 27 15:27:44 PST 2015

Justin,
You are correct. To program a F9V2+, use the BF- F8HP selection.

John
http://www.miklor.com/F8HP

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Justin
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 6:05 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] BFf8hP

Fella’s (ladies as well?), in an effort of full disclosure, I want to make sure everyone knows I am in no way a computer programmer; I joined hoping this list was a “help” based list. If I joined a list of programmers then I made a mistake and apologize for clogging your air waves! If this list does exist for the layman as well, then I’m in the right spot!

I have a 4 UV-82’s with the large Nagoya, I also just picked up a BF-F9V2+ Tri power without checking CHIRP for support before hand (spurious keyboard/Amazon emissions on my part). I took a chance and used BF-F8HP on the drop down and was able to connect. I have found much misinformation on the web about this radio being “counterfeit/copy” of the BF-8HP but I was able to find it on the Chinese Baofeng website. Is this thing legit or not? Am I doing any harm telling CHIRP its a BF-8HP when its actually a BF-F9V2+?? Will there be/is there need for a specific version?

Sorry for my ignorance! I just got my Tech license day before yesterday, KG7RKJ Las Vegas, 73!

> On Feb 26, 2015, at 6:58 PM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> David is absolutely right. I was thinking "you must use a daily build"
> but my fingers typed the opposite.
>
> Nobody with a Baofeng radio should be using the stable build. There
> has been too many new model additions, firmware changes and no
> protection against uploading incompatible radio image files.
>
> Sorry for the confusion.
>
> Jim KC9HI
>
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 9:19 PM, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. <n1ea at arrl.net> wrote:
>> Jim,
>>
>> Larry, N6NEV is understandably confused.  People refer him back to
>> you message (below) in which you made an error.
>>
>> You meant to tell him he needs a DAILY build, but you told him in
>> error he needed the stable build.
>>
>> Larry, Jim typed the wrong thing, you need the latest daily build.
>>
>> David N1EA
>>
>> On Feb 26, 2015 2:30 PM, "Jim Unroe" <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Larry,
>>>
>>> This is because you are using the CHIRP stable build and it does not
>>> support the radios with 3 power levels. You must use a CHIRP stable
>>> build which will have a BF-F8HP model selection.
>>>
>>> Jim KC9HI

-----
No virus found in this message.