[chirp_users] Fwd: I got an unsupported xinchuang TR-N7 radio, how can I add support for it?

mofo syne
Thu Feb 26 07:40:40 PST 2015

Pardon for reviving this thread.

This is not a full analysis of the TR-N7 radio, but if anyone has one,
this could be a starting point.

Project Log: http://briankhuu.com/projects/TR_N7/TR_N7.html

Dataset Directory: http://briankhuu.com/projects/TR_N7/files_analysis/

```

 radio data file.dat                           26-Feb-2015 15:27       4k
   This is the save file for the SV83 software that communicates to the radio

 read_modified.htm                             26-Feb-2015 15:28     208k
   This is the serial information from device to computer

 readme.txt                                    26-Feb-2015 15:27       4k
   Old log.

 write_modified.htm
   This is the serial information from computer to device

```

SV83 software: http://briankhuu.com/projects/TR_N7/files/Sv83v1.05.exe
(can get it elsewhere tho)

------

If anybody has better luck at working this out, then let me know.

Seems like the protocol is just a memory dump/write. Reminds me of how
one would read an i2c eeprom

-----

Cheers,

Brian K