[chirp_users] Could use a hand with a BaoFeng and Chirp

Jim Unroe
Fri Feb 20 13:58:25 PST 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Joe abrahamson <joeaksa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well gents,
>
> That fixed it!  I had tried com 3 and com 1 before and no luck.
>
> Then installed the new (old) driver that Robert and Jim mentioned and again
> no luck. Rebooted the computer and it works great now!
>
> Thanks much for the help!
>
> 73's
>
> Joe A
> KG7FDX

Whenever you change the driver and/or assign a different com port
number in the Windows Device Manager, even though Device Manager shows
the port as being changed, you have to unplug the programming cable
from the USB port and plug it back in for the change to be effective.
Power cycling the computer will work, too. ;-)