[chirp_users] clone error

AJ Pulley
Tue Dec 1 16:53:21 PST 2015

The issue isn’t which key to press.  Nor is it the instructions that pop up with Chirp.  Chirp’s instructions are to prep the radio… you have to refer to Yeast’s instructions for cloning.  This isn’t a VX-7 either; it is a VX-5.

The correct key is to depress the MR-SKP-SC button to engage the CLONE WAIT prompt.  Upon pressing OK in Chirp’s pop-up that includes the instructions (the final prompt before uploading), the upload process begins.  It isn’t until about ¾ through that the CLONE ERROR condition occurs.  Consequently, the data LEDs at the base of Valley Enterprises’s USB cable also cease to illuminate.  The version I am running of Chirp is today’s daily build: 120115.