[chirp_users] New Daily Build

jerome whelan
Tue Dec 1 08:04:59 PST 2015

> On Dec 1, 2015, at 04:24, Marco Filippi IZ3GME <iz3gme.marco at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Surely a typo:     Motorolas are NOT supported by CHIRP.
>
> Let me add that they will never be supported ... till motorola changes
> it's "sue policy"
>
> 73 de IZ3GME Marco

Ideal opportunity for me to ask about the “sue policy”. Could you elaborate?

I have always been wondering why the open source software community did not come up with a “chirp-like” program so that hams are able to take advantage of what appears to be an increasing number of used Motorola items that I see showing up at hamfests.

I generally don’t even give them a glance because it was my understanding that the expense of programming software, only available from Morotola, made then not cost-competitive with other radios.

Jerry AB3SX