[chirp_users] Icom IC-A24

david jensen
Mon Aug 31 09:49:55 PDT 2015

I have been using chirp for years on my amateur band UV-3Rs but now I have received an Icom IC-A24 air band nav/com HT to replace my old air HT
It looks like I will need a new USB-serial-3.5mm cable with TRS rather than TRRS perhaps a different pinout, ebay has them cheap
The question is, can I even use chirp to program and clone the radio or does it use a different format than the amateur radios?
Is there any risk trying to dump with chirp and the correct cable or do I need to run the official Icom software with WIne or virtualbox in Ubuntu?