[chirp_users] Programming Baofeng bf-f8hp

Jim Unroe
Thu Aug 27 02:37:45 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:58 PM, Verne Brown <vwbrown2015 at att.net> wrote:
> Ok, got latest build and it has BF-F8HP.  However when I tried to use that
> setting i got incorrect model selected error message.  It will recognize
> UV-5R?  I may have uploaded a 5R file to it.  chirp only shows two power
> settings - low and high.  How can I overwrite the F8HP data?  or totally
> reset the radio?

You will have to downgrade to CHIRP daily-20140714 and upload the
original CHIRP Radio Image (*.img) backup file that you saved as soon
as you downloaded from the radio for the first time. Once restored,
you should immediately upgrade back to the most recent CHIRP daily
build.

If you didn't make and original backup, follow the instructions here.
http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-Recovery.php#N5R