[chirp_users] Setting a channel to receive only

Jim Unroe
Thu Aug 13 17:04:26 PDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 7:23 PM, Scott Miller
<smaction at slightlysuspect.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Baoefeng UV-5R that I program with chirp.  Some of the frequencies
> I just want to monitor (such as the fire department).  I did a search and it
> led me to Bug 211 in the Chirp Issues.
>
> None of the instructions in the issue seem to work for me and the ticket has
> not been updated in 3 years.
>
> Any information would be appreciated.
>
> Scott
> WA6CGO

The ticket had not been updated for 3 years because it was resolved and closed.

The miklor.com website has guides and examples for programming RX only channels.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php#guides