[chirp_users] Options not in CHIRP (UV-5R series)

Julian Gough
Thu Aug 6 03:14:30 PDT 2015

Thanks Jim,

What I don't know at all, and what I am hoping somebody here will have an
idea about, is whether the MCU -which is what CHIRP reprograms- can
possibly be persuaded to set the register in the RDA1846 using software so
that I don't need to physically hack into the circuitry.

What I do know from the data sheet (and Lior's hacking for GMSK) is that
there is a register in the RDA1846 (register 58) and that it can be set to
013B to toggle off filtering and pre/de-emphasis. This can be achieved in
hardware by hacking into the serial communication with the RDA1846.

I'm already talking to Lior, and I've had the GT-3TP open and it's close
enough to that schematic to follow what's going on by looking at the PCB in
combination with data sheets for the chips (same RDA1846 anyway).

Julian  M1CWA

--
Julian Gough