[chirp_users] UV-B5 upload with "Radio NAK'd block at address 0x0000"

Jim Unroe
Sat Apr 25 12:53:15 PDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Michael D Earls
<mikeearls at earthlink.net> wrote:
> So the recently discovered capability to set custom squelch levels is no
> longer functional on some radios?
>
> At what firmware level does this happen?
>
> Mike Earls
> AF5MS
> TSRA Life Member
> NRA Benefactor Member

Yes and No.

The UV-B5/B6 which has had this ability from day one (about 2 years)
has had the service settings removed from the radio in recent shipping
units.

They UV-5R and variants like the UV-82 and BF-F8HP that recently had
this capability added all still work fine as far as I know.